Lotus Fresno Corp is actively searching for a Business Manager.
Accounting and Operations position is responsible for all financial and administrative activities including monthly closes, journal entries, GL reconciliations and analysis, amortizations, accruals, intercompany transactions, fixed assets, trade/barter, A/P, A/R, credit & collections, budgets, corporate reporting package, day to day HR responsibilities including payroll and employee benefits administration.
This position reports directly to the General Manager and has Corporate Reporting requirements. Responsible for overseeing various departments within the organization. The position will provide financial information that will assist the General Manager and Department Heads in making informed economic decisions regarding the business operations and the future direction of the Radio Stations.
The role of the Business Manager is a member of the management team as a strategic business partner, participating in a wide variety of projects including financial planning, budgeting, forecasting and evaluating business operations and processes. The position requires a hands-on, organized, self-motivated, and detailed-oriented individual to interface with all levels and meet deadlines.
The purpose of the Business Manager is to support the efforts of the business unit in meeting various deadlines and compliance requirements for daily operations.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all financial activities and full accounting cycle
- Manage operating and capital budgets
- Responsible for preparing month-end close including preparing Journal Entries, reconciliations, and financial analysis
- Coordinate and prepare internal and external financial reporting on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Supervise credit and collections to make sure they are kept current.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of accounts payable.
- Monitor departmental budgets and work with departmental heads in planning expenditures.
- Assist internal and external auditors in performing reviews and audits of accounting records.
- Conduct regular meetings with the General Manager and General Sales Manager to review sales forecast.
- Provide timely and accurate information to the Corporate Finance Department.
- Responsible for processing payroll for assigned market
- Commission calculations and reconciliation.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough understanding of GAAP accounting principles, practices, and internal controls.
- Strong background in general ledger, AP/AR, and payroll.
- High Level Proficiency in accounting, excel and Accounting software, preferably MAS500
- 4-year Accounting or Economics degree preferred (CPA Preferred/MBA a plus).
- 5-years of hands-on experience with payroll, including wage and hour guidelines.
- 5+years of accounting experience, Broadcasting background a plus.
- 5+ years of Supervisory experience is required.
Please send cover letter and resume to HR@lotuscorp.com.